Earlier this month, we told you that Microsoft’s Windows XP and Office 2003 End-of-Life is coming, April 8, 2014. Microsoft will no longer support, or update, Windows XP or Office 2003, including bug fixes and patches against malicious threats.
You need to upgrade now!
If you are in the health care industry, heed this warning, because Microsoft will stop offering security updates and anti-virus software for Windows XP systems. Therefore, you will no longer be HIPAA compliant and in violation of the law.
For everyone else, the same reasons still apply:
- Tons of viruses.
- XP is OLD! Over 12 years old.
- Least Secure Operating System (By Far!)
- Built for a Simpler Time. The IT industry looked very different 12 years ago.
- No More Support
- Lots of Malware built for XP. They’ve had 12 years.
- Once again, no more HIPAA Compliance as of April 8, 2014
Don’t wait until April 8, 2014! Contact us about upgrading your old XP machines today!